The site's been slow to take my changes, so, if things look buggy, try refreshing while you hold down the shift button.

David Cross's Blog

Huffington Post

The Slumbering Lungfish

Boing Boing

Stereogum

Nerve Scanner

Bill Maher

Wait. Wait. Don't Tell Me

City of Dis

Justice 4 Two Sisters.

Feministing

Click Here

My Amusement Park

Artifacts Modern

Crazy. Spoiled. Blitch.

When We Were Liars

I See Invisible People

Psychotic Patriot

Flamingo Jones

If you link to The Chicks, and you want me to mention it, email me (see my profile).

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Gym


Some people are angry at Fitness USA for "caving" to these ladies' demands. A few bloggers are alleging that "Sharia has come to Fitness USA!" and "Soon, women will have to work out in burkas!"

Which is all well and stupid.

I just think, if you're one of the many Christians who supported bringing "Intelligent Design" into our public schools, you can't bitch about these Muslim women wanting to be able to work out without men watching (since, that's apparently why many of them joined the gym in the first place. Fitness USA once had that option (and does again, apparently)).

Comments on "Gym"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 AM) : 

You don't have to be Muslim to want to work out with just women. I belonged to a women-only place for years. Sadly, it's since closed. I was just more comfortable there.

 

post a comment
eXTReMe Tracker

 

 

"In affiliation with CafePress.com"