The site's been slow to take my changes, so, if things look buggy, try refreshing while you hold down the shift button.

David Cross's Blog

Huffington Post

The Slumbering Lungfish

Boing Boing

Stereogum

Nerve Scanner

Bill Maher

Wait. Wait. Don't Tell Me

City of Dis

Justice 4 Two Sisters.

Feministing

Click Here

My Amusement Park

Artifacts Modern

Crazy. Spoiled. Blitch.

When We Were Liars

I See Invisible People

Psychotic Patriot

Flamingo Jones

If you link to The Chicks, and you want me to mention it, email me (see my profile).

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 28, 2006

Not Shopping.


I've been totally impressed by how organized and massive the recent immigration rallies have been. Now this. Theoretically, I think it's awesome, though I'm the kind of person who bitches when stores close on Christmas (I always end up needing something). It just sucks when you realize women are like 50% of the majority, and we could probably fuck up a lot of shit if we did the same thing.

That being said, go shopping.

___


While checking my email, I came across a disturbing ad from The National Guard. "Your heart is pumping. Your adrenaline is flowing. Your mind is racing. And you're next." And it's got this guy -- this epitome of the asshole most self-respecting literate types would like to avoid -- screaming, "Hooah!!!"

As if joining The National Guard is like joining an extreme sport. "You know, I've done cliff-diving, sky-surfing, bungee-jumping. I need something new. I know. I'll sign myself up for the possibility of having to fight in a shittily planned, seemingly-endless war for vague, unclear motives, and the lack of adequate armor and reduction of veteran's benefits will add to the extreme-ness!!! Yeah!!!"

I'd post a picture of the ad, but it's some sort of Macromedia Flash bullshit, which makes total sense. I totally expect the military to be Flash assholes. They probably live for .pdf files. I think .pdf files are perfect for boot camp hazing/ violating the Geneva conventions.

Okay, so maybe .pdf files aren't a violation of the Geneva conventions, but they should be.
_____

Wow, so seconds after I publish this, I go to CNN.com to find that Rush Limbaugh has again been arrested on prescription drug charges.

Sometimes, I wonder if his struggles with addiction might ever make him more sympathetic to drug users.

Of course, he could also be a closeted gay man, and I'd hardly expect him to show any sympathy there, either.

Comments on "Not Shopping."

 

post a comment
eXTReMe Tracker

 

 

"In affiliation with CafePress.com"