The site's been slow to take my changes, so, if things look buggy, try refreshing while you hold down the shift button.

David Cross's Blog

Huffington Post

The Slumbering Lungfish

Boing Boing

Stereogum

Nerve Scanner

Bill Maher

Wait. Wait. Don't Tell Me

City of Dis

Justice 4 Two Sisters.

Feministing

Click Here

My Amusement Park

Artifacts Modern

Crazy. Spoiled. Blitch.

When We Were Liars

I See Invisible People

Psychotic Patriot

Flamingo Jones

If you link to The Chicks, and you want me to mention it, email me (see my profile).

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 21, 2006

Odelay


I really like Beck. Even though 'Guero' has been overplayed at Starbucks, I still love it. I still remember borrowing 'Odelay' from our public library because I wasn't sure if I could get into it (I kept it way past the due date). And I also have fond memories of my classmates in the seventh grade arguing over what, exactly, he was saying in the chorus to 'Loser.'

"He's not saying anything! It's jibberish!"
"No, I think it's Spanish. My older sister said it's Spanish!"
"Your older sister is a sluthead!"
"Your mama!"

Ah. Seventh grade. No better time for such a fitting anthem.

Anyway, I'm holding out hope that Beck will be one of the cool Scientologists ('cool' meaning 'sane'). I'm hoping he doesn't jump on couches, criticize Brooke Shields, and say stupid shit like, "I know the history of psychology! You're so glib!!!!"

Unless he manages to make a funky song out of it.

Because, really, who am I to complain about Thetans when I was raised to believe in original sin???

Buy Beck's Guero.

Buy Beck's Odelay

----

Comments on "Odelay"

 

Blogger Alex said ... (10:14 PM) : 

Scientologists aren't all bad. My family got into Scientology a bit through my uncle-- I can say I've been "processed" in the church before. Its not like creepy brainwashing shit or anything. They have some cool beliefs, but I think Scientologists tend to take them too far. Anyway, I can't look down on Scientology unfavorably, having actually experienced what its all about, but I'm certaintly not a Scientologist by any stretch of the imagination. They're pretty clear that they consider homosexuality as an aberration, so I would count myself out.

 

Blogger Dave Splash said ... (11:59 AM) : 

Beck is a Scientologist? WTF? He can't be one of the "sane" ones, because that would imply that there are some.

I lived in Clearwater, FL for years and that is the World Headquarters for the Church of Scientology. Sorry, but those folks are whacky.

 

Blogger Eeeeekkk said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Rape? You're not thinking big enough. In order to win the favor of republican idiots everywhere, you have to skip the sex crimes and move on to war crimes. Or, in the case of the prison scandals, sex-war crimes. Personally, I suggest riding some sort of dildo filled war-head into the parked car of Senitor Clinton. Those crazy conservatives seem to hate her really badly for some reason...

 

Blogger Flamingo Jones said ... (5:10 AM) : 

Shoplifiting did wonders for Winona Ryder for about a week and a half. You could try to make the most of THAT, maybe.

With the whole Scientology thing, I'm most scared for Jason Lee, personally. But Beck's right up there.

 

post a comment
eXTReMe Tracker

 

 

"In affiliation with CafePress.com"