The site's been slow to take my changes, so, if things look buggy, try refreshing while you hold down the shift button.

David Cross's Blog

Huffington Post

The Slumbering Lungfish

Boing Boing

Stereogum

Nerve Scanner

Bill Maher

Wait. Wait. Don't Tell Me

City of Dis

Justice 4 Two Sisters.

Feministing

Click Here

My Amusement Park

Artifacts Modern

Crazy. Spoiled. Blitch.

When We Were Liars

I See Invisible People

Psychotic Patriot

Flamingo Jones

If you link to The Chicks, and you want me to mention it, email me (see my profile).

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Public Domain.

We finally saw "King Kong" in the local dollar theatre. I was moved, but I know I'm the only one. I think the movie would've done better if they actually had Naomi Watts and the titular character get it on. There would've been buzz... possibly enough to rival the Chronicles of Narnia and all its thinly veiled allegory.

And yes, discovering this character is in the public domain really pissed me off. I'm thinking of redoing Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn as sort of a Brokeback retelling. They go off on a fishing trip as adults and....

And why? Because it's free! And if I add some sex?? Ka-ching.

(Okay, this would work so much better if they were girls, but you work with what Twain gives you.)

Comments on "Public Domain."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

I wouldn't like to see X rated Kong, but I like your thinking..

 

Blogger Alex said ... (8:09 PM) : 

Hey, I really liked it too. But what you haven't considered is remaking King Kong so its about a giant gorilla who falls in love...with a man!

 

post a comment
eXTReMe Tracker

 

 

"In affiliation with CafePress.com"