The site's been slow to take my changes, so, if things look buggy, try refreshing while you hold down the shift button.

David Cross's Blog

Huffington Post

The Slumbering Lungfish

Boing Boing

Stereogum

Nerve Scanner

Bill Maher

Wait. Wait. Don't Tell Me

City of Dis

Justice 4 Two Sisters.

Feministing

Click Here

My Amusement Park

Artifacts Modern

Crazy. Spoiled. Blitch.

When We Were Liars

I See Invisible People

Psychotic Patriot

Flamingo Jones

If you link to The Chicks, and you want me to mention it, email me (see my profile).

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Rosie.


If you think people are getting less sexist, just look to the reaction Rosie O'Donnell's new gig on The View has been getting (just do a blog search for Rosie O'Donnell).

People hate Rosie O'Donnell. They hate her more than they hate Osama bin Laden. If the CIA came out tomorrow and said, "We fucked up. Actually, it was Rosie O'Donnell who masterminded the 9/11 attacks. Not Osama. Sorry, Osama. Our bad," people would be beside themselves with giddy joy.

I've read quite a few blogs that basically say, "I hate The View anyway, but I hate Rosie O'Donnell more because she's fat, ugly, and loud."

It would be one thing if I could believe these people really did hate her because she's loud, if I could believe they were the golf-clapping, npr-listening, inside-voice crowd.

But you know they're fucking Larry, the Cable Guy fans. And they probably love loud political punditry from the likes of Michael Savage.

But no one complains about fat, ugly, loud men.

_____


Here is a link to a free mp3 by the band, King's X. Check it out. They should be way more popular.

Comments on "Rosie."

 

Blogger Virenda said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Well I like Rosie. I like that she is loud and argumenative. I think that Meredith was the director of the bunch and I'm not sure how it's going to work now, but I'm looking forward to Rosie kicking some Star ass.

:0)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I don't like Larry the Cable Guy or fat guys and I still hate Rosie O'Donnell. Here's why: Aside from her being fat and ugly (which is okay to be if that's your thing), she is a total phoney. One of my good friends worked as a producer on her old show for two years. Rosie is a psychopathic bitch who berates and insults her employees -- especially female employees. She is just not a nice person in real life. The Rosie you know and love is an act. She's just an obnoxious asshole with millions of dollars. That doesn't make her unique in show business I'm sure.

Her politics are probably in line with mine, but I still can't stand to hear her speak. It's just grating. I've only watched the View once, so I have no opinion on her getting that job. Don't care.

 

Blogger M said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Actually, I like her for being an obnoxious asshole. I want more of her as an obnoxious asshole. I wouldn't want to work with or for her, but I'm totally down with her being an asshole.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Well, I have to say that I really like Rosie! I could give a crap less what her sexual orientation is or what she weighs. Does that matter? She isn't the type of woman to be cowed into a corner by what we're all 'supposed' to think! Hey, I wish I could just borrow some of her spine!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

I caught the view today and couldn't help but think that rosie presence will help end the view...it seems the view is "Rosies View". What were they thinking when they choose her..she is a loud mouth,fat, i need to talk about my lesbian life, bitch. I almost got the feeling that the other view members wished for her to shutup. Star where are you..you actually had some class and maturity. You suck rosie --grow up!!This isn't the Rosie O'Donnell show!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

I think Rosie is reliving her R.O'DOnnell Show days...she ignorant and irritating. This isn't the type of show I want to view in the morning-it would piss me off to her loud fat mouth flapping. She is not funny!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 PM) : 

I happy they choose a lesbian for the view, but why ROSIE. She is not a good representation of lesians. She is just loud mouth fat ass who hid in the closet for years...get a life rosie...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 AM) : 

Rosie is an idiot - nothing more. Those who like her do so because they, too, are idiots.

This woman has the nerve to say that radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam. Hmmm. You know, I'm no religious fanatic, but I can't remember a time where Christians taught children that dying for God is glorious - or that you should love death more than you love life. Now, I know that last statement was a bit extreme, but those are the views of radical Muslims. The views of radical Christians are incredibly (and sometimes shockingly) conservative and offensive - but nowhere near "as dangerous".

She also stated that "we were attacked not by a nation..." STOP... the ruling power in Afghanistan was the Taliban. The Taliban and Al Qaeda were as intertwined as our Senate and House of Representatives. To think that the attack on the U.S. was not supported by the ruling power of that nation is idiocy at its finest.

Ughhh. I can't wait until she's fired. Or better yet... pull the plug on the show! Seriously, the show is superfluous. One person on the show (Walters) toils on a regular basis over ways to make the show "worthy" and finds herself facing an uphill battle.

I miss Rosie when she was just a stand-up comic. She was hilarious. Now, she's insufferable.

Truthfully, I don't fault her completely for getting totally out of hand - instead, I blame the people that inflated her ego and got her so full of herself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I think Rosie is a great example of a lesbian. From San Fran, to Brainerd, MN, to KCMO, to St. Louis, to Denver, to Austin, to LA. All my experience with lesbians have been 90% the same. They are very angry, controlling, men hating, and manipulative of unsuspecting straight females they are trying to get into their pants. Just read above and you will see the other lesbians here love Rosie because of her being an asshole. No surprise there. I'm glad Rosie will continue on the View and show the world her lesbian points of view.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 PM) : 

Rosie is a bitch, if she was straight she'd still be a bitch. She hid out in the closet till she made her money with her sweetie pie act. Someone should point that out to her hypocritial ass.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

What is there,honestly,to like about Rosie Odonnell? I don't dislike her for her being gay,although it doesn't help matters any.
She is just so ignorant and foolish and she proves it almost every time she opens her mouth. She serves as a useful idiot for the terorists just as our more liberal congressmen and stupid ass voters that vote for them. She claims the terrorists are mothers and fathers so we shouldn't be afraid of them.I'm going to be afraid of people who will blow up their own children or themselves in the name of their religion. What kind of mothers and fathers are they that will do these things, Rosie girl? This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard anyone say. She won't ever admit it but she just canot stand people that DO believe in what the Christian bible says about homosexual acts.I stated earlier that I don't dislike her for her being gay and I don't. On the other hand,I can't condone it either. She seems to be always having to defend it though and I really suspect that her act is getting old, and she , herself, going prematurely senile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

Rosie is a bitch. It has nothing to do with her sexual orientation. Who freaking cares? My main problem with Rosie is that for years she sat there on her crappy talk show, being Miss Sally Sunshine. Pretending she had the hots for Tom Cruise (shudder). Pandering to middle class soccer moms across the country. Pretending to take the high road, when we ALL knew that deep down she was nuthin' but a bitch. Then, she comes out and suddenly she's a loud mouthed, obnoxious hateful pumpkin head. Seriously. She's not funny---never has been. And no, I'm not a homophobe. I'm a very left-wing democrat; my three best friends in the entire world are gay... and I hate Rosie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywgxa5ORyIU

Well, yeah, it's not very nice to make fun of her for being overweight, but it's even worse of her to rip on Asians on national TV.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

A cow is a cow. Just when you think you've heard it all from Rosie, she offers more of her fat ugly self.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Rosie is just a circus act, every good one needs an elephant. She also has no idea about anything she talks about. Her being a fat and ugly lesbo whore don't help either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

Enjoyed a lot! Nicholas thompson divorce new mexico Corp dana perfume b invention b b patent b body building weight training Mature grannie 11 asians Chrysler concorde side view mirror Push ups bodybuilding secret Xanax colors Shemales samples

 

post a comment
eXTReMe Tracker

 

 

"In affiliation with CafePress.com"