The site's been slow to take my changes, so, if things look buggy, try refreshing while you hold down the shift button.

David Cross's Blog

Huffington Post

The Slumbering Lungfish

Boing Boing

Stereogum

Nerve Scanner

Bill Maher

Wait. Wait. Don't Tell Me

City of Dis

Justice 4 Two Sisters.

Feministing

Click Here

My Amusement Park

Artifacts Modern

Crazy. Spoiled. Blitch.

When We Were Liars

I See Invisible People

Psychotic Patriot

Flamingo Jones

If you link to The Chicks, and you want me to mention it, email me (see my profile).

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Captain EO


I was soooo scared of Michael Jackson as a kid. I'm not sure if my parents were aware of this. I don't know if they realized there was a correlation between my hysterical screaming (seriously) and anything off the Thriller album.

So, of course, living in Southern California, we went to Disneyland a lot, and Captain EO, which is basically Michael Jackson in 3-D was huge. Much of my dad's family is from South America, and they seemed to really really like Michael Jackson there at the time. So, when they'd come to visit, we'd go to Disneyland and I'd have to sit through Captain EO.

I know it fucked me up in some way. I'm not sure exactly how, but I know it did.

And now with all that's happened with Jackson, I feel mildly vindicated.

Oh, NOW you think he's weird.

To quote Will Wheaton's Wesley Crusher... "Adults."
eXTReMe Tracker

 

 

"In affiliation with CafePress.com"